As an Integrative Health & Wellness Coach, I’m always finding new ways to help heal the gut. Everything about you starts in your belly. And for 100’s of years, Doctors have been saying that your stomach is your entire system’s brain – if it’s out of whack, you’re out of whack.
Did you know there are tiny, living microbes in your stomach and intestines that can make a big, positive difference in your waistline, brain, and immune system? There are about 100 trillion bacteria in or around your body right now. Some estimates say that each human has at least one or two pounds of bacteria living in their guts at all times. When you’re feeling a bit off, or sluggish, or constantly tired, or your skin breaks out, etc. the first thing I recommend is a Detox as they can be very helpful in healing your gut flora – and this one is SO simple yet SO effective!
So, if you want to cleanse, lose body fat, boost energy and help reverse disease, then adding natural detox drinks to your diet can help you improve your quality of life … fast!
Secret Detox Drink by Dr Axe
Apple Cider Vinegar is full of enzymes and good bacteria. It contains acetic acid, which has been shown to lower blood pressure up to 6 percent. It can also help eat up the starches if you do eat grains in your diet.
Lemon juice helps balance blood sugar and has an alkaline effect on your body helping to regulate PH. It also contains vitamin C.
Cinnamon is one of the best antioxidants on the planet. It’s the number one herb/spice for balancing blood sugar.
Cayenne pepper has been shown to drop blood pressure, increase metabolism.
I recommend consuming this drink three times daily, 20 minutes before meals for two weeks, then consuming it one time a day before breakfast or lunch after the two weeks is up.
Secret Detox Drink Recipe
TOTAL TIME: 2 MINUTES
- 1 glass of warm or hot water (12-16 oz.)
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½-1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, I recommend Ceylon Cinnamon – https://www.amazon.com/Simply-Organic-Ground-Ceylon-Cinnamon
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw, local honey (optional, but if you don’t like the taste of ACV, I highly recommend using it!)
- Warm the water – you can use a tea kettle, you don’t want to put ACV in a microwave as it breaks down it’s healing properties.
- Mix all ingredients together, I’m constantly stirring it because the cinnamon is constantly falling to the bottom.
- Best served warm but drink at your desired temperature.
I’ve grown accustomed to the taste and really enjoy it but my husband hates the smell of ACV so here’s a tip for those who don’t like the smell:
- Put all ingredients together but omit the water – and shoot it like, well…remember back to your college days?
What to expect:
- No, you won’t have to stay close to the bathroom, this detox drink is gentle and works over time.
- Your pee might smell odd but that’s just all the yuck being filtered through and out of your system.
I’m doing this Apple Cider Vinegar Detox now and am on Day 5 – I feel great! And with the Holiday Season upon us, cookies being passed around, holiday candies, festive cocktails…I know my body is thanking me for this.