If you’re staying with friends over the holidays, or going to one of many holiday parties, you know the polite thing to do is to bring a hostess gift. Instead of picking up yet another scented candle (Zzzzz) or bottle of wine, give something with a personal touch by making it yourself. Here’s one of my favorite easy, healthy recipes, which quite easily could get you invited back!
Roasted Pecans with Rosemary, Olive Oil, and Sea Salt
- SERVES: MAKES 3 CUPS/300 G
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MINUTES
- ACTIVE TIME: 3 MINUTES
- 3 cups/300 g raw pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Arrange the pecans on a large, rimmed baking sheet and bake until browned and fragrant, about 12 minutes.
- While the nuts are still warm, return them to the bowl and add the oil, rosemary, and salt to taste, tossing to evenly coat. Return the mixture to the baking sheet, set the sheet on a wire rack, and let cool to room temperature.
Put these little delicious beauties into a glass jar, wrap a festive ribbon around the top with a hang tag thanking your guest for their hospitality and voila – you’re the best guest on the guest list!