This recipe is so simple to make – you know me, the simpler, the better! And, it’s Paleo friendly! The recipe calls for a few things you may not have in your pantry but I’ve given you links to buy. 😉
- ¼ C mayonnaise
- 1 ½ T sriracha sauce
- 1 lb wild salmon, cooked and flaked with a fork
- 1 medium English (no seeds) cucumber, diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1-2 nori sheets, chopped or crumbled into pieces
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- Pickled ginger (optional) https://thrivemarket.com/p/the-ginger-people-organic-pickled-sushi-ginger
- Cauliflower rice ( see note )
- You’ll need a head of cauliflower, onion and coconut oil
- ¼ C coconut aminos
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T black sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and sriracha. Transfer to a plastic food-storage bag and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, cucumber, carrots and nori sheets.
- Divid the cauliflower rice among 4 bowls. Top with the salmon mixture, avocado, and pickled ginger (optional).
- Whisk together the coconut aminos and apple cider vinegar. Drizzle over bowls. Cut a tip from one of the corners of the bag holding the sriracha mixture. Pipe over each bowl. (I know, fancy schmancy). Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
To make cauliflower rice: Core a large head of cauliflower. Grate the florets on the large holes of a box grater or with a food processor using the shredding blade. Alternatively, you can pulse the florets in a food processor fitted with the steel blade until the cauliflower looks rice-like. Saute ½ C finely chopped onion in 1 T coconut oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the grated cauliflower and saute for 3-4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cool completely for this recipe.
And please remember to share these recipes with family and friends so we all can embrace a healthier life!