Red curry paste is the secret weapon in this recipe. This marvelous ingredient packs authentic curry flavor into this soup. It’s light and healthy, yet tastes like it’s dripping in butter and cream. Pumpkin is loaded with Vitamins A & C — feel free to eat seconds or thirds!
Serves: 6 servings
• 1 (30-ounce) can pure pumpkin – not canned pumpkin pie filling
• 2 tablespoons red curry paste
• 1 (13.5-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
• 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
• 2 green onions, sliced (green parts only), or a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds for garnish
1. Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the pumpkin, curry paste, coconut milk and broth to the slow cooker and mix well.
2. Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours or on High for about 3 hours.
3. Stir well and serve in a wide-mouthed bowl with a sprinkling of green onion slices or seeds.
As always, if you like this post, please like and follow me and share with your friends! You can also find me at wellawarebylinda on Instagram and Facebook 🙂